A few brief highlights from the 2014 Sponsorship Appreciation Breakfast:
I could speak about our wonderful businesses and sponsors for hours. You are all so very appreciated. We seem to always have a debate about how to credit and recognize our in-kind sponsors. We have different levels of sponsorship based on monitory contributions, but the fact of the matter is the contributions made by our in-kind sponsors of goods and services are priceless
One group that provides us with services that many times goes unrecognized is the Fortville Police Department. The Fortville Police Department has provided us with advice, traffic control, crowd control, and of course they start off our parade at the Winter Festival every year. Without them we could never pull off these events safely and securely.
Another group that has been dedicated to our projects is Joe Renner, the Fortville Town Manager, the parks department and street department. Thank you for placing the barricades, moving picnic tables, collecting the trash, watering the baskets and planters. All small things but if gone undone a very noticeable gap is left. Tammy White is also a wealth of knowledge and very helpful in her capacity at the town offices. Thank you for your support and dedication.
Thank you to the Town Council for your support. Thank you for working together with us to make Fortville better and nicer all the time.
Of course the success Fortville Action, Inc. has had could never have been possible without your financial support. Your generosity has been overwhelming. I take fund raising for Fortville Action very seriously. It’s hard to ask for your money. It is emotionally draining for me and sometimes painful. But we spend every penny with a great deal of consideration. If you ever have questions about projects, spending etc., please ask us. As our sponsors if you would ever like to come to one of our meetings, please contact one of us and we will get you on the agenda.
1. Consider doubling your contributions from last year. Help us reach our goal of $15,000.
2. Commit 40 hours of corporate volunteer time to FAI projects over the next year.
3. Refer a new company to Fortville Action and encourage them to become a sponsor. Talk about your experience and the importance of getting involved.
4. Once a month drive down a street in Fortville you’ve never driven down before or a neighborhood or the park.
5. From now on think of yourselves as partners rather than sponsors. Yes, we want and need you financial support but we also want to partner with you to create and keep Fortville vibrant.
Economic and Community Outreach Chairperson